Monday, April 13, 2009

What can I say...





What can I say... Easter Morning didn't turn out how I imagined. Todd was out of town, I had to be to church early, Nathan woke up crying and cried all morning and I ran out of time to get nice calm pictures. Not exactly how I wanted things to go. However, we made it through and it turned out to be a much better evening then it started out to be. I made the girls and I matching skirts. Sydnee was very excited and couldn't wait to wear them and not that anyone could tell so she told everyone.




My Boy is... getting so big. We gave hi
m a haircut the other day. He thinks it tickles and it is challenging to cut it without him shrugging his shoulders or moving at all. We have had to shave it all real short because he is so quick.

He also loves to run over to the neighbors if ever given the chance to get out the door and see if he can play basketball. I love this picture. It reminds me that our challenges may seem overwhelming at the time, but if we have faith in the Lord's time table things will work out and we will eventually get it. We just keep trying.
Can't you see him saying to himself "I'm almost there, just a little bit harder." He'll be there before I know it. He thinks he is so close already.

9 comments:

Amy said...

That last picture is so funny! I love it!

I am so impressed that you made matching skirts for the three of you! Wow, Alison, you amaze me!

Anna said...

I think it's a rule of picture-taking that one child has to be bawling. I think I have quite a few family vacation pictures where at least one child is scowling or crying or refusing to look at the camera. I can laugh later, although I am getting better at laughing in the moment too.

Love the skirts! They turned out so cute! What a pretty floral pattern.

Generational stitcher said...

Geez everyone is getting so big!

I understand the screaming pictures, most of Taylor's 18m-3.5 pictures are of him screaming.

Everything seems conquerable as a kid, it's harder as an adult. Hang in there! You guys are always in our prayers!

Unknown said...

Oh Alison I love it! It is priceless, you know that is exactly what he is thinking. I love how children think. They know they can do anything, no matter how impossible it may seem to us. We should take some lessons. I think that is what he means when we should have child like faith. Thanks for the thought. I think you need to make a poster of it and it should say "I can do hard things... with God"
Jill (not Brad)

Megan said...

The pictures are all cute however I'm a little disappointed that there isn't a picture of you in your matching skirt :)

Kobe Family said...

I agree with Megan, Alison! Where is your skirt? I can't believe how much older your kids look every time I see them! Nathan's pic is so cute! You can totally tell he thinks he's a big boy; just like Dad! Cute! We miss you guys already!

Brenda B said...

Hi Alison!
It is so fun to see pics of you and your darling family! It has been so long.
Cute skirts!

Danielle said...

Cute pictures!! Nathan is so cute!

Bryson Family said...

When did all this growing happen? Holy cow, I can't believe how grown-up your kids are looking. Everybody looks terrific!